Yoga has been part of my life. My younger self defined herself through strength. Some considerable time later, I find more nuance, hopefully, more balance, within that definition of strength. Have never been a quick learner!
- I have completed an 8 week Mindfulness Course, approved by the Oxford University Mindfulness Centre, with Jane Barker.
- I have a current Emergency First Aid at Work qualification and I am fully insured by the BWY.
- Engineering Health – Yoga and physiology . 50 hour Online course – New York University
- Manging Your Health : The Role of Physical Therapy and Exercise – Online – Toronto University
Teachers broadly following in the footsteps of Vanda Scaravelli. Vanda trained with BKS Iyengar and T K V Desikachar, later developing her own methods of teaching the body’s response to gravity and to the breath.
- My British Wheel of Yoga Diploma teacher, Val Davies, who underlined the importance of safety; of being true to ourselves and to embrace diversity in the spirit of yoga.
- Ruth Lovell helped me to further explore the philosophy of yoga as well as considering the needs of students with chronic illness.
- Annie Silverman and Chloe Fremantle have provided invaluable insights into teaching as well as helping me to deepen my own practice.
- Pete Blackaby, renowned osteopath and author has changed my approach to teaching yoga. He has coined the term “Intelligent Yoga” . His name is cited in many of my blogs.
- Monica Voss has taught me the importance of humility in teaching and how to make yoga a profound and enjoyable part of life.
You must be logged in to post a comment.