My inspiration and education as a yoga teacher?
Teachers broadly following in the footsteps of Vanda Scaravelli. Vanda trained with BKS Iyengar and T K V Desikachar, later developing her own methods of teaching the body’s response to gravity and to the breath.
- My British Wheel of Yoga Diploma teacher,Val Davies, who underlined the importance of safety; of being true to ourselves and to embrace diversity in the spirit of yoga.
- Ruth Lovell helped me to further explore the philosophy of yoga as well as considering the needs of students with chronic illness.
- Annie Silverman and Chloe Fremantle have provided invaluable insights into teaching as well as helping me to deepen my own practice. Classes with
- Pete Blackaby, renowned osteopath and author has changed my approach to teaching yoga. You will find his name cited in many blogs.
- Monica Voss has taught me the importance of humility in teaching and how to make yoga a profound and enjoyable part of life.
- I am on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP) Level 3
I have completed an 8 week Mindfulness Course with Jane Barker.
I have a current Emergency First Aid at Work certificate and I am fully insured by the BWY.